By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
BigPaulSportsBigPaulSports
Notification Show More
Latest News
Heisman Winner Fernando Mendoza Says He'd Be 'Blessed And Honored' To Play For Raiders
Heisman Winner Fernando Mendoza Says He’d Be ‘Blessed And Honored’ To Play For Raiders
Game Analysis NFL Sports News Sports Talk
Steve Cohen Says Mets Will ‘Never’ Have a Team Captain as Long as He’s Owner
Steve Cohen Says Mets Will ‘Never’ Have a Team Captain as Long as He’s Owner
Game Analysis Sports News Sports Talk
Wrexham Set For Blockbuster FA Cup Tie Against 8-time Champion Chelsea
Wrexham Set For Blockbuster FA Cup Tie Against 8-time Champion Chelsea
Game Analysis Sports News Sports Talk
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Says He’s ‘Turned the Page’ on Blue Jays’ World Series Heartbreak
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Says He’s ‘Turned the Page’ on Blue Jays’ World Series Heartbreak
Game Analysis Sports News Sports Talk
Lamine Yamal Misses Penalty As Barcelona Drops Crucial Points In LaLiga Title Race
Lamine Yamal Misses Penalty As Barcelona Drops Crucial Points In LaLiga Title Race
Game Analysis Sports News Sports Talk
Aa
  • Big Paul Sports
  • Game Analysis
  • Registration
  • Member Login
Reading: Cristiano Ronaldo Makes Return 3-Game Absence With Goal For Al-Nassr
Share
Aa
BigPaulSportsBigPaulSports
  • Big Paul Sports
  • Game Analysis
  • Registration
  • Member Login
Search
  • Big Paul Sports
  • Game Analysis
  • Registration
  • Member Login
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
BigPaulSports > Blog > Game Analysis > Cristiano Ronaldo Makes Return 3-Game Absence With Goal For Al-Nassr
Game AnalysisSports NewsSports Talk

Cristiano Ronaldo Makes Return 3-Game Absence With Goal For Al-Nassr

BigP
Last updated: 2026/02/16 at 2:20 AM
BigP Published February 16, 2026
Share
Cristiano Ronaldo Makes Return 3-Game Absence With Goal For Al-Nassr
SHARE

Contents
Ronaldo protest finally endsTrademark goal as Al-Nassr target titleAl-Nassr’s title challenge still aliveWhat comes next?

Cristiano Ronaldo returned to Al-Nassr’s starting line-up and scored against Al-Fateh after missing two matches amid a dispute over finances and transfer backing in the Saudi Pro League.

The club captain was on strike after title rivals Al-Hilal signed former Real Madrid team-mate Karim Benzema, while his own side was restricted in how they could move during the transfer market.

Ronaldo protest finally ends

Ronaldo was restored to Al-Nassr’s starting XI for Saturday’s Saudi Pro League clash with Al-Fateh, captaining the side after sitting out the club’s previous two league fixtures.

The 39-year-old had missed games against Al-Ittihad and Al-Riyadh earlier this month, with reports indicating his absence was a deliberate boycott linked to dissatisfaction over the club’s transfer activity. Ronaldo had been frustrated that the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund (PIF) did not significantly strengthen Al-Nassr during the recent window while rivals Al-Hilal continued to invest heavily, including deals involving his old strike partner.

Talks were held this week and, according to reports, the key issues were addressed. These supposedly included overdue salary payments and the restoration of greater operational control to Al-Nassr’s executives. Following those developments, the forward agreed to return to action.

The Saudi Pro League also issued a statement addressing the situation, saying: “Cristiano has been fully engaged with Al Nassr since his arrival and has played an important role in the club’s growth and ambition. Like any elite competitor, he wants to win. But no individual – however significant – determines decisions beyond their own club.”

Trademark goal as Al-Nassr target title

Ronaldo wasted little time reminding fans of his importance once back on the field.

After a lively opening spell from Al-Nassr’s attack, the breakthrough came in the 18th minute. Sadio Mane played a pass into the penalty area and Ronaldo finished first time with a tidy strike into the bottom-right corner. The chance carried an expected goals value of just 0.21 but the quality of the finish was typical of Ronaldo.

Before scoring, Ronaldo had already been heavily involved in the match. He fired an early effort over the bar inside the first minute and later attempted a shot from outside the penalty area after a Marcelo Brozovic pass. Al-Nassr also saw chances fall to Joao Felix and Kingsley Coman during the opening exchanges.

Al-Nassr’s title challenge still alive

Al-Nassr came into the match third in the standings, four points behind leaders Al-Hilal but holding a game in hand, meaning the club are still firmly in the title race.

Individually, Ronaldo is also chasing the Golden Boot. He trails Al-Ahli striker Ivan Toney, who leads the scoring charts, while Julian Quinones of Al-Qadsiah is also ahead of him. His strike on Saturday was his 17th of the campaign, an impressive return with plenty of games still to go.

What comes next?

Ronaldo’s return appears to draw a line under a tense episode between player, club and league stakeholders in Saudi Arabia. For Al-Nassr now, the priority is the football. The club cannot afford further dropped points if they are to catch Al-Hilal.

For Ronaldo, the objective is even simpler – continue scoring goals. His instant impact against Al-Fateh suggested the dispute has not affected his sharpness or winning mentality, and the remainder of his season will likely determine whether his second full campaign in Saudi Arabia ends with silverware.

You Might Also Like

Heisman Winner Fernando Mendoza Says He’d Be ‘Blessed And Honored’ To Play For Raiders

Steve Cohen Says Mets Will ‘Never’ Have a Team Captain as Long as He’s Owner

Wrexham Set For Blockbuster FA Cup Tie Against 8-time Champion Chelsea

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. Says He’s ‘Turned the Page’ on Blue Jays’ World Series Heartbreak

TAGGED: soccer
BigP February 16, 2026
Share this Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print

Follow US

Find US on Social Medias
Facebook Like
Twitter Follow
Youtube Subscribe
Telegram Follow
newsletter featurednewsletter featured

Weekly Newsletter

Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

    Popular News
    NFL Confidential: Sources Fume Over Bill Belichick's Hall of Fame Snub
    Game AnalysisNFLSports NewsSports Talk

    NFL Confidential: Sources Fume Over Bill Belichick’s Hall of Fame Snub

    BigP BigP January 29, 2026
    2026 WKC Dog Show: Everything To Know About This Year’s Competition
    January Transfer Window Grades: Barcelona Breaks Even, Crystal Palace Overpay For Striker
    Get To Know a College Basketball Mid-Major: America East
    Inside The Garage: With NASCAR Lawsuit in Rearview, What Does it Mean for Drivers?
    - Advertisement -
    Ad imageAd image
    [wpadinserter id="3"]

    Categories

    • Sports

    About US

    We offer information and tips on US Sports and evernts all over the world.
    Top Categories
    • Game Analysis
    • Services
    • Premium Content

    Subscribe US

    Subscribe to our newsletter to get our newest articles instantly!

      © Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.

      Removed from reading list

      Undo
      Welcome Back!

      Sign in to your account

      Lost your password?